The Catalonia Institute for Energy Research, IREC, has a new vacancy as Head of Business Development and Knowledge and Technology Transfer Area, reporting directly to the General Management of IREC.
Position: Head of the area of Business Development and Knowledge and Technology Transfer.
Code: IREC A300-1: Head of the area.
Area: Business Development and Knowledge and Technology Transfer.
Director of Institute: Prof. Dr. Joan Ramon Morante
- Institutional strengthening.
- Identification and assessment of technologies with commercial potential from IREC Research disruptive results.
- Protection of technologies with commercial potential, through a specific and well defined IP strategy. Promotion of the innovative products and initiatives.
- Marketing and transfer of knowledge, patents and know-how through licensing agreements with industry and the promotion and creation of spin-off companies.
- Business Development to promote industrial and competitive RDI projects: Promotion of collaborations between the industry and IREC. Public and private call analyses and active promotion of the IREC participation along with the industry, the universities and the research and technological institutes.
- Commercial and scientific consultancy services.
- International and national collaborations, coordination of IREC participations in organizations, associations, institutions, platforms and partnering and other networking events.
Position: Head of Business Development and Knowledge and Technology Transfer Area.
- Leadership and team worker capacity.
- Expertise in research, development and innovation impact evaluation. Skills in industrial property protection.
- Expertise in the energy industrial and business related sectors.
- Experience and knowledge of the RDI public and private programs structures at national, European and international level.
- Organization and initiative capacities
- Skills in marketing, dissemination and outreach.
- Recommended Catalan, Spanish and English fluent languages.
- Minimum formation degree: graduate or engineer.
- Previous management experience duly justified.
- Active participation in scientific, development and innovation team projects.
Candidacy: send the CV, a motivation letter, recommendations letters and confidential work plan proposal to Prof. Dr. Joan R. Morante (email@example.com) indicating in the subject of the e-mail IREC: Area300-1.
Deadline: 17 May 2018 at 17:00 hours.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Duration of contract: indefinite labor contract with a trial period according to legislation.
Salary & income: According to the professional merits, formation, expertise and skills and strategic proposal and acceptance negotiation.
Evaluation of candidates: Evaluation will be done for a specific jury named by IREC and personal interview and defense of the program in front of the evaluation commission should be considered.